Tea Seed Oil, also known as Camellia oil, is a premium nutritious cooking oil well-liked for its aromatic smell and light flavor that further enhance the flavors of the other ingredients. It is an ideal option for health-conscious consumers who prefer to cook simply for dishes.
Here is a recipe shared with us by one of our supporters which you can try for Chinese New Year Reunion Meals using Tea Seed Oil to cook nutritious meals for your loved ones!
Steamed Yam Cake
- A) 300g Rice Flour, 30g Corn Flour, 50 g Plain Flour, 5½ cup of water, 2 tea-spoon salt, ½ tea-spoon of pepper.
- B) 500g of yam (cut into small cubes), 80g of dried shrimps, fried shallots
- C) tea seed oil (4 table-spoon)
- D) Garnish: sliced red chili and chopped spring onions
1) Mix the ingredients listed under A together in a bowl.
2) Heat up 2 tbsp of tea seed oil in pan and add in yam. Season with 2tsp of salt and ½ tsp of pepper and cook for about 4 to 6 mins, until lightly browned. Remove and set aside in a large bowl.
3) Add 1 tbsp of tea seed oil. Sauté dried shrimp and garlic together until fragrant for 1 min. Add to the yam inside large bowl.
4) Next, pour mixed flour batter into pan and add in yam ingredients. Turn up heat to cook the mixture over medium heat.
5) Stir mixture continuously until mixture thickened. Turn off heat and continue to stir until thicken into a paste.
6) Spread a light coating on a round pan using tea seed oil and spread out the yam cake.
7) Steam on a rack over boiling water for 60 mins. Let it cool for another hour until firm.
8) Garnish with sliced red chili, fried shallots and chopped spring onions.
Special Thanks to Mdm Lui Li Jen for her contribution and support!